1. Adhikari , Anindita and Kartika Bhatia (2010). NREGA Wage Payments: Can we Bank on the Banks? Economic and Political Weekly, January 2, 2010 , Vol XLV No1
2. Census of India, 2011. Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India,Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
3. Das, Dinesh (2012), Examining Indiaâ€™s Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA): Its Impact and Womenâ€™s Participation, International Journal of Research in Management, Vol.6, Issue 2.
4. Dasgupta , Sukti and Ratna M Sudarshan (2011). Issue in Labour Market Inequality and Womenâ€™s Participation in Indiaâ€™s National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme, International Labour Office, Geneva-ILO (working paper No.98).
5. De Haan, Arjan and Amresh Dubey (2005). Poverty, Disparities or the Development of Under Development in Orissa, Economic and Political Weekly, May 28- June 4
6. Dreze , Jean and Reetika Khera (2009). The Battlement for Employment Guarantee, Frontline, Volume 26, Issue 01, January 03-16, 2009.
7. Economic Survey (2011-12). Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Planning and Coordination Department, Government of Odisha, Bhubaneswar, February-2012.
8. ISWSD (2008). Impact of National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme on the Living and Working Condition of Women in Rural India, Indian School of Women Studies Development, New Delhi.
9. Jandu, N (2008). Employment Guarantee and Womenâ€™s Participation in Rural India, National Federation of Indian Women.
10. Khera ,Reetika and Nandini Nayak (2009). Women Workers and Perceptions of the National Rural Employment Gurantee Act, Economic and Political Weekly, October 24, Vol XLIV No 43.
11. Kelker , Govind ( 2009). Gender Pathways out of Poverty Rural Employment, Paper presented at the FAO-IFAD-ILO Workshop , Rome ,31 March-2 April 2009.
12. Mukherjee, Diganta and Udaya Bhanu Sinha (2011). Understanding NREGA: A Simple Theory and Some Facts, Centre for Development of Economics, Delhi School of Economics,
13. Narayanan, Sudha (2008). Employment Guarantee, Womenâ€™s Work and Childcare, Economic and Political Weekly, March 1,
14. National Federation of Indian Women (2008).A study on Socio-economic Empowerment of Women under National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA), August, 2008.
15. Pankaj, Ashok and Rukhmini Tankha (2010). Empowerment Effects of the NREGS on Women Workers: A Study in four States, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol XLV No 30.
16. Roy, Rahul and Deepak Mehta (2009). Men, Gender Equality and Policy Response in India: An exploration, Centre for Health and Social Justice on behalf of SAHAYOG.
17. Orissa Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (OREGS) 2006, Panchayati Raj Department, Government of Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
18. Official website of NREGA (www.nrega.nic.in), Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India.
19. World Bank, 2012, World Bank Development Report 2012, Gender Equality and Development , Washington, World Bank.
20. Xavier, G and G .Mari (2014). Impact of MGNREGA on Women Empowerment with special reference to Kalakkanmoi Panchayat in Sivgangai District, Tamil Nadu, SSRG International Journal of Economics and Management Studies (SSRG-IJEMS)- Volume 1, August 2014